The Annual Review is more than just a review meeting, it is a process that must be completed on or before the anniversary of when the EHCP was first issued or the anniversary of the last review.
Fox Grove Annual Review meetings will be held in the style of a Person Centred Planning Meeting to enable full involvement of the parent, child or young person and to consider everyone's views wishes and feelings especially when making decisions.
Before the Annual Review the school will write to all the professionals involved with the child or young person. They will also write to the parent or young person inviting them to contribute their views wishes and feelings. This will include their view of the current arrangements and provide an opportunity to discuss changes which the parent or carer may want to be made to the EHCP.
The Annual Review Meeting will focus on:
- Progress made towards achieving the child or young person's outcomes
- Establishing whether the current outcomes remain appropriate and if required agree new ones
- Reviewing the short-term targets and setting new ones
- Reviewing the special educational provision and the arrangements for delivering it to ensure it is still appropriate and enabling good progress
- Reviewing any health and social care provision and check its effectiveness towards achieving the outcomes
- Checking if the aspirations have changed (consider them in the context of paid employment, independent living and community participation
Surrey Annual Review Form
After the meeting the school will prepare a report that includes any recommendations for amendments to be made to the EHCP.